3.18.2011

It has been a while: part II

Not only has it been a while since I posted, I feel like it has been a while since I have allowed myself to be alone with myself. So, I have decided to spend some quality time with me tonight. Me, myself, and I have become somewhat estranged, and I should probably change that. So, the big question is, what will it be? What am I going to do, other than blog. Perhaps my indecisiveness always holds me back from having a good time. Do I paint my toes? Do I paint my walls? Do I watch a movie? If so, which one? Do I watch a documentary? There was a time I entered the grocery store to purchase cereal, so I wandered the isles until I eventually found the isle devoted to cereal, felt overwhelmed by the choices, and left with nothing. Sure, this does not seem like a big deal, but shesh, that is what life is, one choice after another. This mundane grocery store scenario only demonstrated my uncanny ability to avoid decision making. This is not the best thing to discover about yourself, but probably important to be aware of. I also discovered when I do actually make a decision, it is rarely the best one for me, and it really smarts when you cannot even trust yourself to take care of yourself. That little voice is often times overwhelmed by the big impulsive one in my head, so I have to clear the floor for the little voice to be heard.  Maybe blogging is my little voice?

Awesome Thought: I have five bananas that will be ripe soon. I am excited!

Strange Thought: My first grade teacher always referred to an exclamation point, as a surprise mark! I commend my parents for making us change schools.

Decisive Thought: I am going to put on one of my favorite movies, clean the crap out of my room, paint my toenails, edit some images I am excited to get to, retaliate against the ants who have started to invade my room, then read about upper paleolithic art. I think it will be a charming evening. (Look at those decision making skills, and I even turned down a hang out, now that is dedication).

love, jo

3 comments:

McKenzie said...

You know what I have always noticed about you? Sure, you take a bit to make decisions but they always come to you. After these decisions are made you stick with them. That is a consistency I have always admired. I make decisions rapidly and then change and change them again. I have also noticed that you learn from your decisions and that the decisions you have made thus far in your life always end up leading you somewhere good, even if it takes a while. I love you.

Unknown said...

Wow, did you get all that done? That would have been a productive night! (Surprise!)

Fish Nat!on said...

I feel like the surprise mark tickles a memory, to the extent that I am somewhat certain that somewhere in my youngest youth, I had a teacher that referred to them as such.