7.01.2008

the day i became my room

I am not sure who started the rumor; however, the new heater never seemed at home in my room. I often think it was his murmerings that set the events in motion when it happened last thursday. There was an uprising and I was ceased upon. My heart jumped right out of my chest only to be caught by my hanging chandelier. The nerve of it, refusing to give it back. I thought to myself, "have i lost my mind?" Not much longer after I had asked this question, i looked up to see my own brain craddled in the curtains. I needed to blink but I soon realized my head was cushioned between the decor of pillows on my bed. My eyes had failed to notice this due to its rigorous search for my brain. My hand was fidgeting with something and I suddenly realized it was my cold, metal doorknob. Through the chaos I still had yet to find my legs, they were nowhere to be found; although, my hope chest was bumbling around an awful lot. I am not sure what caused the uproar but I do know my door will open and close when it wants to and my curtains will be a tad more sarcastic.

No comments: