6.21.2009

Untitled

It began with my search for peace, something to mend my heart, and suddenly everyone had a story to tell, and a wide spectrum of loneliness was presented before me as I heard the experiences of others in relation to my own. I began to understand we can feel alone when we are alone, we can feel alone in a landscape of people, alone surrounded by family and friends, alone within the arms of a lover, and alone in the absence of hope, when the only calm we experience is by finally falling asleep.

My series creates a visual dialogue exploring the vastness of a relationship in its successes and progressive deterioration. The bedroom felt like an appropriate place to demonstrate this realm of togetherness and separation, as it is an intimate space, and a common ground a couple may share. The staged scene offered a sterile environment I felt was important to avoid distractions, allowing for an internalized focus on the narrative and its interaction with someones own personal experiences because this feeling of being alone is felt by everyone.



2 comments:

The Davis Duo said...

You = lots of pajamas

Steve Kolb said...

wow, this is really cool jordan! you really are so talented. we miss you!