3.17.2008

a mile high with my lovelys

My sister recently moved to Denver, Colorado to do her clinicals for her nuclear medicine program and the lovely ladies in my family decided it was time to make the trek to the notorious mile high city. Unfortunately, we were minus one due to my beautiful aunt Lorie's unexpected hip surgery. We have missed her dearly and kept her in our pocket, right next to our hearts the entire trip. The trip has consisted of sunny skies and much laughter, and I felt I should give everyone a taste of our splendid expedition.



Upon our arrival, we were all feeling famished and felt P.F. Changs would fill the void. While at P.F. Changs we encountered an exceedingly long noodle my sister dominated (pictured above). The meal was delicious and we were able to catch up in person.

Our fortunes were as follows:

Susan mother: you discover treasure where others see nothing unusual
Norma grandmother: others take notice of your radiance
Amanda big sis: you are admired for you impeccable tastes
Jordan me: everything will now come your way



The following day we took to the streets, not just any streets, the streets of commercial establishment. We gave our money willingly, sorry dad. After a rigorous search for the infamous Johnny Rocket, and failure in finding it, we ate giant, juicy hamburgers at the Baker Street Pub. please note: grandma had a BLT.



There were plenty of abandoned walls to practice our jumping skills. I taught my mother the art of capturing people in flight and between vibrating penguin like movements to stay warm, she definitely got the hang of it. It was sooooo good to be jumping with my sister, I miss her.



The highlight of the trip was the Colorado aquarium where we were greeted by a friendly shark and purple octopus (not pictured). If this was what it was like on the outside, you can only image what was on the inside...the colors.



The moment we stepped through the doors, there was a land of photo opportunities in every direction. My grandmother gave my mother blue eyes, and my mother so graciously passed them along. It was a very blue day today.



The fish were swimming in every direction, uptown, downtown, and they came in all shapes and sizes. One fish was so large it had to swim vertically instead of horizontally. If there was a chip n' dale gone fish style, this particular fish would have been "fat cat." I hope this helps with the imagination because I am not supplying a photograph of him/her.



Amidst all the fish, there was a very active tiger roaming his territory. I like to believe he was following me because he wanted his photograph taken. He reminded me of Alex the Lion (only in tiger form) in Madagascar. He was gorgeous as you can see.



The lion fish was there to say good bye as we finished our journey through the underwater world and my camera peacefully fell asleep or died or something. We ate at the aquarium restaurant, enjoying the fish and sharks as we ate our shrimp cocktails. I must say, we do love our shrimp, and grandma at least pretended she did as well.



After juicy hamburgers and filling seafood it was time for a fruit blend and time to convert my family to Jamba Juice. We got a little bored so we had a little photo fun while we drank our jambas. Please refer to a few blogs down for the outcome of our sweet crave.








The trip was wonderful and we plan to do it again, only this time with our very missed Lorie. It is a treat to finally be together and just for the record both dad and grandpa are still alive and well, and apparently well fed by the neighbors. I wanted to add an additional video of our dance party because after all, it is not a party without dancing... enjoy.

5 comments:

Lorie Dunsmore said...

J. The pictures and video are wonderful. It was so great to have a peek into your trip to see Amanda. I love you all and I can't wait to go with you the next time. Love you much.

Caitlin said...

lovely! You are a true beauty! And you have a cute family too :) I love the lion fish, can we go back there together??

Rachel said...

I love it.

Jason Leon? said...

This was a fun journey! thank you!

tifsong said...

that video.
oh man.
you're gram.
greatest pictures!
kudos.:)